Sunday, July 27, 2008

Altamont Longhorn Days!

Gina's best miserable face she could put on.
Ever so beautiful while weathering the storm!
Merralee and I with our INVALID sister Gina!! (Poor Girl)

Dylyn was so happy at the BBQ, even to be held!
Her very favorite face to pull. Yuck! (It's still kinda cute)





This weekend was Longhorn Days, a family tradition. It was so much fun. My sister Gina made her first appearance to the festivities in like ten years, okay maybe not that long. I have a few pictures to post but not too many.

The Babies had a really good time at the Parade. Dylyn loved picking up the candy and by the end of the parade she was about asleep. We went home for a while before the BBQ so that they could take naps.

We went to the BBQ around 4:00 and it looked so stormy outside. It hadn't rained yet, but after about 45 minutes at the park it started to sprinkle and the wind blew. Pretty much it was miserable for about an hour and then it started to clear off, which we were all greatful for. Charley Jenkins who was on Nashville Star this season was the entertainment for the night. He does a really good job, I just wish he would get some new material. They had the annual auction to raise many for the events and brought in a bunch of money, I'm so glad everyone pays for me to party every year. One of the items, an antique looking mirror, sold for $2700 or more!! Outrageous! After that was the slideshow of the week and the fireworks. It was a pretty fun weekend and I'm glad I got to spend it with my family. . . Again!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very mean lady. Where did you get that picture of me? Since you are so mean, I am going to point out that maybe you should spell check your posts before putting it on-line. I didn't know that "Greatful" was a word. Also, I didn't know that we raise "Many" I though it was "Money"

Tara said...

Have I ever told you that yoo are a jirk? Really, I knew it wood be easy to hate yoo.